Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Barge Pilot - Just around the corner!

Haven't really had time for breakfast lately, what with the dodging the tornadoes and making a living and such.  Oh, and there is that little issue of finishing up my first novel, Barge Pilot, which I hope to have to the publisher in a week or so. I do have the proof copy of the cover though, so that excites me greatly!

The proof version of the cover for forthcoming novel Barge Pilot.  My good friend and unpaid editor David Swanson liked the alternative version, so if course this cover was the natural choice.

By way of fair warning and full disclosure, Barge Pilot is not the same kind of fare that you will find in this blog.  Barge Pilot is a lot darker, and there aren't as many happy endings as I hope you will find here.  My younger children won't be reading it anytime soon...  I have been reading a book lately that you may find entertaining, Learn Me Good by John Pearson.  It appears that Pearson also has a follow up, titled Learn Me Gooder.  Maybe that will be my present to myself after I get Barge Pilot completed.  If you can forgive this shameless self-promotion, breakfast should resume by the end of the week!

5 comments:

  1. The cover looks wonderful!!-Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, I am so very proud of you. I always knew you had it in you. I have very fond memories of "THE GOOD 'OL DAYS". I always used your class as an example of what a class and a teacher could & should experience together. Good luck!!! I can't wait to read the finished product. Sharon (Stiles) Duncan

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Lee. I am looking forward to reading it. Salut!-Linda Riggi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you, Dad!!!! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have read it and you are all in for a wonderful novel. Lee, I'm proud to have been allowed to read the many drafts and will expect a signed copy of the finished print. Love ya brother
    The unpaid editor.

    ReplyDelete